Greetings from the WEP Directors,
The days are crisper, shorter and colder, which can only mean one thing…winter is coming! The Watershed Education Program wrapped up our 2018 fall season in early October and we’re already beginning plans for snowshoe overnights, snow science and alpine ecology trips!
Programs conducted this past autumn included the following:
- Sept. 5 – 6: Norwood 6th Water Usage Tour Overnight
- Sept. 17, 19, 28: Telluride 4th Watershed Overview Jud Wiebe Hike
- Sept. 24: Norwood High Watershed Fire Ecology Tour
- Sept. 26: Telluride 3rd Watershed Geology Tour
- Sept. 26: Telluride 5th Watershed Life Zones Presentation
- Oct. 2: Paradox Middle/High Watershed Energy Trip
In addition, WEP just completed the fall granting cycle, and we are also busy putting together our winter Watershed Expedition Series (preliminary date is January 24, 2019) at the program room of the Wilkinson Public Library; 6:30 – 8PM. Join us for a journey down the frozen Zanskar River with local travel/photography favorite Kristen Hughes.
As always, stay tuned for updates and current events. To donate to our program, click here and donate away!!
We wish a wonderful, snowy, powdery winter to all!
Laura Kudo & Vicki Phelps – WEP Directors