The Telluride Mushroom Festival (TMF) is a weekend of mycology-related forays, talks and special events and is famous for the lively experience it provides all festival goers and participants. The festival attracts 800 to 1,000 fungi fans from across the United States, and the world. Click on the tabs below for more information on getting involved with us.
Become a 2022 Volunteer – Applications NOW CLOSED
If you fill out the form submission below we will be in contact to everyone who is interested by May 1st.
Have you enjoyed the Telluride Mushroom Festival over the years? Did you ever wonder how it all happens? We couldn’t make it all happen without our 50+ volunteers. Volunteers are needed for just about everything from hospitality and registration, dinner events, parade support, venue ushers, set up and take down and much more. In exchange – you get a FREE Festival Pass!
Volunteer with us!
Volunteer applications will be sent out upon request. Occasionally, we have more volunteers apply than we have positions for. We encourage you to purchase your Festival pass now and we will credit you if you are selected as a volunteer. Note: You must be available to work before and/or during the festival weekend, August 17-21, 2022. You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer. We do not pay for accommodations for volunteers.
On average you will be volunteer between 4-6 hours shift per day. There are many perks, like a full festival pass and the ability to attend special events (if volunteering) cook with our mushroom chefs and foray with the best and brightest. Truly an amazing experience! We love our volunteers!
**Please purchase a Pass and we will refund your pass if accepted as a volunteer
2022 Vendor Applications – NOW CLOSED
We would love you to be a part of the action and work with us to provide Festival attendees with great products and services to round out the four days of lectures, forays, workshops, food and fun. There are approximately 15-20 dedicated available Vendor Spaces between Elks Park and North Oak Street Park this year.
- Available booth spaces are 10×10’
- The process this year is competitive. We are looking for Festival Theme/Participant Lifestyle related, creative and interesting arts, crafts, and packaged foods to be part of our Vendor Village!
- All applications will be reviewed and approved or denied by the Vendor Review Committee.
- Price per vendor space determined by location and availability, $350-$600
- Must pay Town Sales tax at end
- Must hold active business license
- Festival Passes are NOT included for vendors but are available at a discounted rate of $299 per pass, up to THREE.
- The application period will end on May 15th, 2022. You will be notified by July 1, 2022 whether you have been accepted for a vendor space.
- At that time, you may send your vendor fee checks to Telluride Institute, PO BOX 1770, Telluride, CO. 81435 with “TMF Vendor Fees” indicated on the memo line of the check.
All Vendor Fees will be due by July 30th, 2022. NO REFUNDS
- Vendors will be assigned a location on either Oak Street Park or Elk’s Park along Colorado Ave. in the center of the town of Telluride. Proximity to the road and the entrance to the Sheridan Opera House (box office & main venue) will be assigned at the desecration of the Operations Manager based on Special Requests and Sponsors.
- Vendor spaces will be 10×10.
- Vendors will be able to begin loading in and setting up on Wednesday, August 17th from 2 PM – 7 PM and will be required to be prepared to begin making sales by 9AM Thursday, August 18th, 2022.
- Vendors will be required to stay the entire festival and may begin load-out at 2PM, Sunday August 21st, 2022 after Town taxes have been collected. Vendors will be required to end all sales by 1PM and must be out of their space by 3PM.
- Vendors will be asked to provide their own tables, chairs, and any other items needed to make, record, and maintain accurate sales detail. Tents and/or canopies are not required but are highly recommended. The weather in Telluride can be unpredictable in August and the festival and vending will continue regardless of the atmospheric conditions.
- Vendors may choose to remove valuables from their vendor booth or to keep the items there overnight. Telluride Mushroom Festival will not be responsible for any loss, theft, or destruction of the valuables left on the premises.
We are still accepting Sponsors for the 2022 Festival
Sponsor support is integral to the success of the Festival since we are a non-profit organization striving to offer the very best educational & enriching experiences to its festival attendees, special guests, and presenters.
To start the sponsorship process, please fill out the contact form below. We will contact you shortly! If you need immediate action please email email@example.com
Western Colorado University Students
Western Colorado University NOW OFFERING COURSE CREDIT For Attending the Telluride Mushroom Festival! Learn more here:
Send us a Message to Get Started
+ tell us how you’d like to be involved
How would you like to get involved? Volunteer and Vending Applications are NOW CLOSED