MUSHROOM FESTIVAL FAQ & VENUES
How-to & Other Crucial Festival Info
The 40th Annual (Virtual) Telluride Mushroom Festival is now available until August 10, 2021. Over 55 videos and over 60 hours of lectures, workshops and forays from all of your favorite Fungal Fanatics & Mycologists! Buy Virtual Festival Access here.
2020 VIRTUAL FESTIVAL & ONLINE COMMUNITY INFORMATION
The 40th Annual Telluride Mushroom Festival will be (mostly) virtual! Join us online August 10 – 16, 2020. We invite all fungi lovers and mushroom enthusiasts to join the Telluride Mushroom Festival community for free on Mighty Networks! The main network is open to everyone and within this free network you will be able to connect, learn, and grow your love of fungi together by sharing, posting, and interacting within an amazing community. During the week of the Virtual Festival, those of you who have purchased a pass will also have access to our TMF2020 Group within Mighty Network. Here, you will have access to paid Festival Features, such as lectures, special videos on forays and workshops, keynotes, and Q&A sessions with our Festival Mycologists from around the globe. (Read more about our new free virtual platform, Mighty Networks and watch a message from TMF staffers here.)
2020 VIRTUAL FESTIVAL
- The Festival has officially moved online as a virtual festival for pre-recorded and live lectures from August 10-16
- Virtual Pass holders will have access to the 2020 virtual presentations on Mighty Networks until the 2021 festival!
- Live presentations will occur from 5pm-8pm MDT through Crowdcast. If the attendee misses a live presentation, not to worry, they will be able to access the recording by the next day to watch at their leisure
- The Virtual Program Schedule is now available.
2020 IN PERSON EVENTS
- The in person events are not meant to serve as or replicate the normal festival by any means. They are simply offered to those who are still planning on coming to Telluride from August 12-16 as a THANK YOU for donating their original pass and/or for those who donated to the festival under our DONATION button ($250+).
- The above mentioned DONORS will be sent a unique code to register for the daily events by August 1.
- IT IS NOT GUARANTEED that all will get into every event they wish to attend. Due to the fact that there are limited events and extremely limited spaces, the Festival Staff cannot make a guarantee or exception to events that are listed FULL.
- If there is space in an event after the Donor registration period has ended, then at that time the general public will have the opportunity to reserve a spot in one of the In Person Events from August 12-16. Note: Events held in collaboration with the Wilkinson Public Library will reserve through the Library reservation portal and will not abide by the above mentioned method of reservation.
- Due to COVID-19 County Health restrictions and recommendations ALL ATTENDEES must be healthy when they arrive to an event, wear a mask, keep 6 feet distance from the other attendees, and sign a waiver before participating that includes their personal contact information in the case that the County needs to reach out to participants for later contact tracing.
- Due to COVID-19 County Health restrictions and recommendations ALL IN PERSON EVENTS must check temperatures of presenters and festival staff before each event, ensure attendees have the ability to maintain social distance of 6 feet, gather no more than 10 people, ensure food samples for cooking demos are prepared ahead of time with COVID-19 food health precautions in place and covered until dispersed to attendees.
- The In Person Event Program Schedule is still being worked on.. Stay tuned for email updates. It will be released by August 1.
BELOW IS INFORMATION MEANT FOR OUR IN-PERSON FESTIVAL
TICKETS & PASSES
Mushroom Festival passes go on sale January 1st. Earlybird full festival passes will be selling at a discounted price. Passes and tickets are sold through Eventbrite. Please sign up for our mailing list to be notified every year when sales begin, and to be the first to know when the schedule is complete. Festival passes provide different access than event tickets. Some events require a pass, and some do not. And some events are free!
* Special Event Tickets are NOT INCLUDED in the purchase of a FULL FESTIVAL PASS. All tickets for our SPECIAL EVENTS will be sold separately on our Eventbrite sale page or (if not sold out) available for purchase during the festival at the registration desk.
Where can I view the Schedule?
The full Telluride Mushroom Festival schedule is online (please note that all scheduled events are subject to change).
- Sheridan Opera House is in the center of town at the corner of Colorado (Main Street) and Oak Street.
- Elks’ Park is across from the Courthouse (clock tower) at W. Colorado & Oak St.
- Elks’ Lodge is located in the Swede-Finn Hall. 472 W. Pacific Ave.
- Palm Theater is next to Telluride Intermediate & High Schools.
- SHOW Bar is on the first floor of the historic Sheridan Opera House.
- Transfer Warehouse is the historic structure on the corner of Pacific & Fir.
What are the types of festival events?
- Free Events: Listed in GREEN and are free-to-the-public events (no charge)
- Full Festival Pass Holder Events: Listed in BLUE and are included in the purchase of a full festival pass. These tickets have a fee associated with them for non-full festival pass holders. Some of these events may have limited space available. Be sure to view the SCHED online schedule to better plan for arriving to your favorite workshops, lectures and forays on time.
- Special Events: These are premium events that are not included in the full festival pass and have a fee associated with them. They often have limited space and require separate registration on our Eventbrite Ticketing Page. Tickets are available for purchase beginning April 1 to full festival pass holders and the general public.
**2020 Queue System: Due to a significant response from festival patrons in our 2019 post season survey, this system is currently being re-evaluated by festival staff for efficiency and customer satisfaction. More information and updates will be available soon.
Where can I buy special event tickets?
Special Event Tickets (LIMITED) will be available beginning April 1 on the Telluride Mushroom Festival EventBrite ticket site. Here is the preliminary list of 2020 special events:
- Pre-Festival Foray
- Pre-Festival Mycoremediation Workshop
- Pre-Festival Mushroom Dyeing Workshop
- Pre-Festival Mushroom Cultivation Workshop
- VIP Dinner
- Wild Foods Dinner
What is the difference between “Passes” and “Tickets”?
- Full Festival Pass: Gains attendees access to all main paid and free festival events listed on the schedule. DOES NOT INCLUDE “SPECIAL EVENTS”.
- Special Event Tickets: Are sold separately and are limited. Special Event tickets will be announced and released on a separate and later date than the full Festival Pass.
- All tickets and passes are sold through Eventbrite.
Does signing up on SCHED save my spot in line for events?
No. This just allows our Pass Holder attendees to make a list of events of what they WOULD LIKE to attend. ALL PASS HOLDERS MUST show up to the event venue and wait in the Queue line to be admitted. For Special Events – YOU MUST PURCHASE YOUR TICKET ON EVENTBRITE TO GAIN ADMITTANCE TO THE SPECIAL EVENT.
**How does the Queue line work?
One hour before each event is scheduled to begin, Queue cards will be handed out to Pass Holders until all Queue cards are gone (ie. event spots have been spoken for). Fifteen minutes before the event is scheduled to begin, Queue card holders with line up in order and be admitted into the venue ten minutes before the event begins.
**Can Non-Pass Holders retrieve a Queue card for events?
No. To honor our Pass Holders, all Non-Pass Holders wishing to buy a ticket at the door will wait in a separate line and be only admitted after the Queue Line has been admitted, and only if there is still space available.
What’s the refund/transfer policy?
Full Festival Passes and Special Event Tickets are refundable through Eventbrite until 30 days before the Festival begins and transferable for a $20 Fee.
Volunteers & Vendors
Volunteer & Vendor Applications will open February 1, 2020 for the festival.